Chaozhou (潮州）, gong fu tea city
Every time we travel to Phoenix Mountain to meet with our Phoenix Honey Orchid Oolong tea producers, we enjoy spending some time in Chaozhou—the largest neighboring city.
Chaozhou is a major city in Guangdong province famous throughout China for its history and culture particularly for pioneering gong fu tea brewing practice and enjoyment. Tea enjoyment and drinking is found everywhere around Chaozhou as you can see in a small tea set laid outside on empty patio furniture on the street or the street side vendor selling teapots in the photos above.
We took these photos during Tranquil Tuesdays’ 2012 Spring Tea Harvest travels.
- Explore the stories behind each of Tranquil Tuesdays teas and teaware
- Travel with Tranquil Tuesdays seeking the best teas and teaware in China
- Learn the historical and cultural elements that make Chinese tea and teaware so unique
9 Notes/ Hide
- southxsoutheast reblogged this from tranquiltuesdays
- finestestate likes this
- misspompom likes this
- lovetealovetravel reblogged this from tranquiltuesdays
- 1000steepings reblogged this from tranquiltuesdays
- terssa likes this
- bogosiposo likes this
- sotsvetiye reblogged this from teas-made
- teas-made reblogged this from tranquiltuesdays
- tranquiltuesdays posted this